Terms and Conditions of our Tours
1. Definition of terms
The terms ’us’ or ‘we’ refer to All Terrain Tours. The term ‘you’ refers to the tour participant, driver or owner of a participating vehicle.
2. Terms (Driver, Passengers and Vehicle use and safety)
- All drivers must hold a valid full driving licence suitable for the class of vehicle that you drive on the day. Provisional licence holders, even if accompanied by a suitably qualified full licence holder, are not permitted to drive during the time period that the tour is undertaken.
- All vehicles must be covered by a legal minimum requirement of third party liability insurance.
- All vehicles must be maintained and presented to a roadworthy standard and in turn be covered by a current and valid MOT certificate.
- Consumption of any alcoholic beverage or intoxicating liquor by the vehicle’s driver during the day is strictly forbidden. Any driver found to be breaching this condition will be asked to leave the tour at the first safe opportunity.
- Whilst travelling on tarmacadam roads the Highway Code will be observed on all occasions and all speed limits will be strictly adhered to.
- The use of a mobile telephone unless used in conjunction with a hands-free or similar bluetooth device is strictly discouraged, particularly when travelling on tarmac sections between greenlane stages.
- Seat and safety belts (if fitted) must be used at all times. Similarly any children must be seated using the appropriate child safety seat, booster cushion or similar devices.
- Children and animals must be strictly supervised at all times during the tour. Dogs in particular must be kept on a leader or similar restraint and under the owner’s control at all times when allowed out of the vehicle.
- When driving off-road on greenlanes the maximum advisory speed is 15 mph. You won’t feel the need to travel any faster as you will find the vehicle much easier to control at this speed.
- The country code must be observed at all times. Your guides will ensure that all gates are kept open or closed but we ask that you be respectful of the countryside.
- When travelling off-road in convoy we require a safe distance to be kept at all times between vehicles and if the vehicle in front of you stops then you must stop also. No overtaking on greenlanes.
- Your safety and enjoyment of the day is paramount to us at All Terrain Tours. If a guide asks or suggests something then please trust that this request is carried out for your best interests.
- We will constantly swap and rotate your position in the convoy during the course of the day. This will allow all participants to learn from each other and observe different types of vehicles tackling obstructions differently and also to remove the risk of someone feeling a bit “left behind” or becoming fed up of being the “tail end Charlie”.
- Your day will begin with a comprehensive coverage of these terms and conditions and a health and safety briefing. We ask that you are attentive and if you are unsure of anything then please ask a question or ask for the subject to be repeated.
- You must understand and appreciate the fact that simply by its dynamic nature, the act of driving on unsurfaced roads, off-road and traversing rough ground can be slightly uncomfortable and bumpy at times and indeed jarring. Due to this we cannot guarantee that you won’t pick up a couple of knocks or light bumps and bruises along the way. You enter onto one of our tours in the full and clear understanding that you have been made aware of this fact and that All Terrain Tours will in no way, shape or form be held responsible or accountable for any such injuries sustained by tour participants.
- Likewise you must enter onto one of our tours in the understanding and acceptance that by the rough nature of some types of off-road driving you have to accept an inherent risk of potentially damaging your vehicle or its components. Whilst it is highly unlikely as we have surveyed all of our routes for suitability and safety the risk is still present, All Terrain Tours will in no way, shape or form be held responsible or accountable for any such damage to tour participants’ vehicles.
3. Tour / Event Payments and Confirmations
- A 50% deposit is required for weekend (or longer) tours; Confirmation of your place and payment details will be sent to you within 48 hours of your booking. The balance of the tour fee is payable four weeks before the departure date; unless the booking is made within 4 weeks of the departure date, then payment will be due in full.
- Payment is due in full for all one day tours following confirmation of your place that will be sent to you with payment details within 48 hours of your booking.
- Payments including deposits are non-refundable except in the event of cancellation by All Terrain Tours. We do our best to avoid cancellation however events outside our control including but not limited too adverse weather conditions, Traffic Regulation Orders (TRO’s) to at least 50% of a route or for example where there is a high risk of damage or injury would prevent a tour from going ahead.
- In the event of a cancellation by the customer within cancellation deadlines being exceeded should we be able to fill your place, will endeavour to give you a full refund.
- Depending on individual circumstances we also reserve the right to offer customers a voucher of the same value of the tour cost for an alternative date / tour.
- Tours are subject to minimum bookings of 3 vehicles, and may be subject to cancellation by All Terrain Tours up to one week before the scheduled departure date. We will, however try to give you as much notice as possible in this case. Please contact us for availability.
- All Terrain Tours bears no responsibility for costs incurred resulting to any cancellation.
4. Terms and conditions of use of our website
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice and relevant licences, which form part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than for the following purposes:
- You may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only.
- You may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material.
- You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
- Every effort is made to keep the website online and running smoothly. However, All Terrain Tours takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
- In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England and Wales.
- The content of this website is copyright © 2014 All Terrain Tours. All rights reserved.